Effective Date | February 28, 2018
The Web Site is intended for users who are located in the United States and are hosted and operated in the United States, pursuant to United States law. By providing personal information through the use of the Web Site, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
1. WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT ME IS COLLECTED AND STORED?
- Personal Information Collected: We collect several types of information from and about users of the Web Site, including the following: name, mailing address, billing address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information, password, age, birthdate, and gender.
- Information Collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including, IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, products viewed, searched for or purchased, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
2. WHAT KIND OF AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES ARE USED?
The tracking technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Web Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Web Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Web Site content and verifying system and server integrity). We utilize web beacons to help us better manage the content on the Web Site by informing us what content is effective. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for web beacons, see Section 12 “Can I Indicate Whether or Not I Want to Receive Promotional Communications, Change my Preferences, or Otherwise Opt Out?”
3. IS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY COMPANIES?
- to help us measure and determine how visitors use our Web Site and the effectiveness of our Web Site;
- to help us improve and optimize the products and services we or our Affiliates offer; or
- to collect your non-personally identifiable information regarding your online behavior to provide you with use-tailored and targeted advertisements.
4. IS INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN?
The Web Site is a “general audience website” and is not directed for use by children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not provide any personal information to us and you should use the Web Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
5. CAN I RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES?
If you have provided prior express written consent to have promotional offers or transactional correspondence from us sent to your mobile device, we may send you a MS, MMS or other text message (“Text Messages”) with such communications to the telephone number you provided to us. Standard text message rates will apply.
If you have provided a telephone number for Text Messages, you are obligated to immediately inform us if and when the telephone number that you have previously provided to us changes. Without limiting the foregoing, if you: (i) have your telephone number reassigned to another person or entity; (ii) give up your telephone number so that it is no longer used by you; (iii) port your telephone number to a landline or vice versa; or (iv) otherwise stop using that telephone number for any reason (collectively “Phone Number Change”), you agree that you shall promptly notify us of the Phone Number Change by contacting our Customer Service Department or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to administer and present the Services and its contents to you, including (i) identifying product preferences and shopping preferences and customizing Web Site pages for you and (ii) saving your password so you do not have to provide it each time you visit the Web Site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services;
- to complete, fulfill, manage and communicate with you about your orders or otherwise provide you with our offerings;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to contact you regarding any Services or offers we provide through the Services or to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to inform you and make recommendations about our products and Services, including sales, special offers and new Web Site features, and to send you other promotional communication;
- to provide customer service or support, or contact you regarding your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to conduct internal research and development and improve the Services;
- to perform other logistics and operation activities as needed;
- to protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions, including (i) validating credentials and authenticating customers when logging into your online profile or transacting in store and (ii) protecting the security and integrity of our Services and our data;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
7. HOW WE MAY COMBINE INFORMATION?
8. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share the information we collect about you with:
- • Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who provide services in support of our business. For example:
- we pass your delivery address and telephone number to our partner courier companies in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery;
- we pass certain personal information to third-party payment management companies to enable them to verify your credit or debit card details;
- we pass your personal information to third-party service providers that assist us with our marketing and data analytics efforts;
- we pass certain purchasing information and use of discounts to business partners who facilitate such discount schemes, provided you have previously registered with them; or
- we pass your personal information to business partners who provide us with and assist us in operating customer service management software, designed to improve and manage our interaction with customers and your customer service experience.
- Business partners, Affiliates (and their business partners), marketers, advertisers and advertising networks for marketing and advertising purposes, which may include (i) sending you direct mail or emails about their products, services, sales, promotions, events, news and store openings that may interest you or (ii) serving ads or adverts that may interest you. For information about managing your privacy and opting out, see Section 12 “Can I Indicate Whether or Not I Want to Receive Promotional Communications, Change my Preferences, or Otherwise Opt Out?”;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of ensuring that your credit or debit card is not being used without your consent. This is done only to confirm your identity. No credit check is performed and your credit rating will be unaffected;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Web Site and Services; or
- Service providers whom we may employ to assist us in carrying out and then analyzing the results of customer surveys or questionnaires.
In addition to the ways that we may share information with business partners, Affiliates (and their business partners) and other third parties as described above, we may disclose to third parties information collected from you in an aggregate form. However, we will only do so in such a way as to ensure that such aggregated information does not individually identify any user. Examples of such non-personal information include the number of users who visited the Web Site during a specific time period or purchased a specific product through the Web Site.
9. WHAT ABOUT OTHER DISCLOSURE SCENARIOS?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we plan to merge with or be acquired by that third party or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, or another corporate change;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, subpoena or court order, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or
- If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss to us; prevent or report suspected illegal activity; protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
10. WHAT STEPS ARE TAKEN TO KEEP MY INFORMATION SECURE?
We use various security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, to protect personal information that we collect. If you place an order through the Web Site, you will be asked to set up an account and provide an email address and password. You must provide an appropriate email address and password in order to access account information. In order to help protect your personal information further, you should be careful about providing your password to others. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please contact our Customer Service Department.
11. HOW CAN I ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on “Update Account” within the “My Account” area of the Web Site.
12. CAN I INDICATE WHETHER OR NOT I WANT TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS, CHANGE MY PREFERENCES, OR OTHERWISE OPT OUT?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. In addition to the options available in Section 11 “How Can I Access, Correct and Update My Personal Information”, there are various mechanisms that provide you with control over your information, including the following:
- Email Communications: You will have an opportunity to opt out of email communications by clicking on an “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Additionally you may email us at our Customer Service Department.
- Text Messages: If you wish to opt out of receiving Text Messages from us, you must follow the opt-out instructions at the end of each text message (e.g., reply “STOP”).
Please note that if you decide to opt out, it may take a few days to process your opt-out request by email and that you may continue to receive promotional or marketing materials during this time. Also, please note that opting out will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
13. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LINK TO OR FROM ANOTHER WEB SITE?
If you have accessed the Web Site through a link from certain of our advertising or marketing partners, the Web Site may include a frame of the applicable advertising or marketing partner. Nevertheless, the information you provide to us through these framed web pages is collected by us.
14. WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT?
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Web Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
15. WHAT ABOUT CONTESTS AND SWEEPSTAKES?
When we run a contest or a sweepstake relating to PAIGE’s products, it will be accompanied by a set of rules. The rules for each contest/sweepstakes will specify how the information gathered from you for entry will be used and disclosed.
16. WHAT ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA OR OTHER ONLINE SURVEYS?
We may from time to time conduct social media or other online surveys. When you complete a survey, we may ask for certain information including your age, zip code, shopping habits, preferences, email and/or mailing address.